Community Charity Fundraiser & Events Coordinator who has a sales and / or marketing background or experience within a people facing role is required for a well-established Charity based in Glasgow, Scotland.
SALARY: £23,000 pro rata
LOCATION: Glasgow, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
WORKING HOURS: 22.5 Hours per Week split over 3 Days
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Community Charity Fundraiser & Events Coordinator who has a sales and / or marketing background or experience within a people facing role.
The Charity’s main aim is to provide culturally sensitive care and support to individuals.
To make sure they can keep providing these services, they are looking for a Community Charity Fundraiser & Events Coordinator, to enable them to develop and expand their existing community fundraising work.
As the Community Charity Fundraiser & Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for raising income through existing networks of supporters, volunteers and building new relationships within the community.
As a successful candidate you will have the opportunity for career advancement and the chance to be creative within a small, caring environment.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Community Charity Fundraiser & Events Coordinator:
- Take the lead in supporting, encouraging and maximising all supporter led fundraising activities, ensuring they are all correctly branded and marketed
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to support the consistent promotion of the fundraising function
- Create in conjunction with the Fundraising Manager a yearly calendar of events
- Create and lead a team of community volunteers who will undertake various fundraising functions on behalf of the organisation
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to support the management of donors and external partners
- Work towards high ethical and fundraising standards, specifically in relation to the management of charity money and fundraising codes of good practice
- Take the lead in devising and managing any events run by the organisation – this will consist of external events with the purpose of PR opportunities as well as fundraising events
- Give advice to any internal events which may be running
- Clearly plan and have ROI forms completed in advance of events ensuring that the return is worth the investment in terms of either money or profile
- Manage all external events and take the lead responsibility for ensuring that events run smoothly with a high-quality feel
- Working with the Fundraising Manager, develop and implement a volunteer engagement programme which supports and engages existing volunteers and recruits new volunteers to raise funds
- Utilise volunteers for events where appropriate and take overall responsibility for them
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a related field
- Previous community fundraising experience or experience of working directly within the community in a sales / marketing capacity or people facing role
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of community fundraising
- Experience of planning and executing events
- Experience of delivering revenue targets
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of working with MS Office and other software packages
- Experience of working with a fundraising database
- Must hold a current Driving License
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to influence internal and external support
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide cross section of people
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and time manage effectively
- Excellent persuasion, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong networking abilities
- Flexible approach to working patterns, willingness to undertake work during evenings and weekends when required (infrequent and planned in advance
For informal enquiries please contact Hazel Tenby in the first instance on 0141 620 1800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org