Community Centre Day Services Senior Care and Support Worker / Carer who has experience working within a social care / support related role with a good understanding of care plans and social care standards is required for a well-established Charity based in Glasgow, Scotland.
Full-Time, Part-Time and Job Share may be considered for the right candidate.
SALARY: £19,565 per annum pro rata
LOCATION: Glasgow, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time and Job Share may be considered for the right candidate.
WORKING HOURS: up to 35 Hours Per Week, depending on if you take up a Full-Time, Part-Time or Job Share position.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Community Centre Day Services Senior Care and Support Worker / Carer who has experience working within a social care / support related role with a good understanding of care plans and social care standards.
The Charity’s main aim is to provide culturally sensitive care and support to individuals.
As part of their work, the Charity provides Day Services in the community centre where they run registered day care two days per week and social activities the other days.
The Day Service is a hive of activity, aimed at reducing social isolation and they’re looking for someone like you to come and make a difference to those who use their services.
Working as the Community Centre Day Services Senior Care and Support Worker / Carer you will be responsible for providing a key role within the daily running of Day Services within the Charity. This includes supporting the Team Leader and Registered Manager in delivering a high-quality care and support to those most in need.
Specifically, the Community Centre Day Services Senior Care and Support Worker / Carer will have an active role in care planning and supporting the delivery of a fun, engaging activities programme, as well as mentoring other members of staff.
As part of the service is registered all staff must ensure compliance with the Care Inspectorate and be able to provide safe, effective and individualised support aimed promoting and maintaining independence and choice.
If you have a minimum of an SVQ 2 (or equivalent) in a care related field, experience of providing activities and are passionate about making a difference to others then please get in touch.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Community Centre Day Services Senior Care and Support Worker / Carer:
- Work in conjunction with the Day Services Team Leader to manage the creation, review and implantation of outcome focused care plans for service users
- Take a lead responsibility (as directed by the Day Services Team Leader) in completing care plans with service users and families for the registered service
- Mentor other team members with regards to care planning and taking on a key worker role
- Create and implement, together with other identified members of staff and volunteers, a fun, engaging and evidence-based activity planning schedule
- Take the lead with other staff and volunteers in preparing and running evidence-based activities which stimulate service users and clients
- Work together as a team to generate feedback on activities and work to them implement any suggestions
- Work with the Manager and Team Leader to formulate an active service user engagement strategy that is inclusive and aims to make the service fun and welcoming
- Work as part of the team in taking on any key worker duties as well as traditional care tasks as and when required
- Take responsibility for keeping accurate records and for any instructed governance/quality assurance arrangements such as equipment checks and compliance with all health and safety aspects of Day Services
- Take responsibility for your own training and development which includes completing all mandatory training as required and identifying any areas where you may need further training in order to be effective in your role. This also includes attending team meetings and regular supervision
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum SVQ 2 (or equivalent) Social Services and Healthcare, preferable SVQ 3 (or equivalent) or working towards this or the ability to work towards this. (Other similar level qualifications also accepted)
- Previous experience of working in a social care/support related role
- Experience of working with and understanding care plans
- Sound knowledge of social care standards
- Knowledge of activity planning in care and the ways this can improve individual outcomes
- Ability to work effectively with others, especially vulnerable individuals who may need encouragement to take part and achieve their potential
- Ability to take the lead and motivate others – team members, volunteers and service users/clients
- Good written and oral communication skills with an ability to discuss sensitive information with service users
- Must hold a current Driving Licence
For informal enquiries please contact Hazel Tenby in the first instance on 0141 620 1800 or email email@example.com